Supporting Military Families
Attorney Kelly J. Capps, the founder of Capps Law Firm, PLLC, is board-certified in family law by the Texas Board of Legal Specialization. Together, our firm brings more than 20 years of experience to the aid of military families at Camp Mabry and other clients in Austin and throughout the state.
We handle all types of military family law matters, including:
- Divorce — We are knowledgeable about the Servicemembers Civil Relief Act, which protects military personnel from unwanted litigation, including divorce actions, while on military duty.
- Child custody and visitation — We are equipped to handle custody and visitation actions where one or both parents are Texas residents. We have developed extensive experience in multijurisdictional cases, including those that involve interstate and international custody agreements. If you need help establishing or modifying a custody order due to your military assignment or that or your spouse, we can help.
- Dividing military benefits — We will help you get the most that you can from the government benefits available to military service members and their spouses. We are skilled in the division of complex assets, including military pensions and retirement benefits.
Learn More from our blog posts:
- Military Divorce in Texas
- Child Custody and Relocation
- The Uniformed Services Former Spouse Protection Act
Providing Efficient And Comprehensive Legal Assistance
We believe that efficiency is a vital part of the effective representation. In the context of our military family law practice, efficiency means taking the time to do it right the first time. We respect the fact that our work involves deeply personal issues and crucial financial questions. Our clients can rely on us to craft principled, step-by-step solutions, always keeping our ideas tethered to our clients’ big-picture goals.
Discover how Capps Law Firm, PLLC, an advocate for your best interests in any military divorce or family law matter in Texas. Set up a consultation with a lawyer by calling our Austin office at 512-410-2453.